Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 26

June 8th
Trabadelo - O Cebreiro - 18.1 km
I took my time today to get there but maybe I am so used to walk that was 11am when we arrive in El Cebreiro. It was cold and windy. The albergue is close until 1pm and is so cold outside. We left our backpacks there in the line with the Italians and went out to have some lunch. Oh my, it was the best food of the entire camino. Traditional Pilgrim menu and I had chicken legs, they were cage free chicken. You could feel the taste. We left just on time to get back on the line that now was much bigger. 
After shower and rest I went to the famous church for some peace time and Maria Luiza was there. It was amazing to see her there. She is feeling better but her knees are not perfect still. On my way up to town early today a man took a picture of me crossing the border to Galicia and now he is sitting in front of the church begging. There are many pilgrims that don't have any many during their journey. I felt so bad for him because of the weather. 
I finally was able to confess today :).

It was cold all day and we still don't have sleeping bag, the Italians were so worry about us sleeping at night without blankets. I guess we are used to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment