Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 22

June 4th
Villar de Mazarife - Astorga - 30.1km
I am having a great time now as things seems to be adjusted. This morning we pass by Hospital de Orbigo, they are having a medieval party today. Things are not ready yet but it sounds like fun, The Brazilians are staying here tonight. I had a coffee here and left. Everyday now we see different people, many new people are starting the camino. 
Today was a long walk and I am feeling tired, from the top of the hill we can see Astorga. The view from here is so amazing, the wines and the city. Perfect. 
We arrived at the albergue in Astorga with Bel and Jeane and it seems we are sharing the room as well. Nice! I love them! Surprise, there is one more Brazilian around us, Sinval from Porto Alegre and Julian from Madrid. 
Astorga is so pretty.The Museo de Gaudi is located here. Today is Sunday and people have lunch very late and as I am hungry decided to try their typical food. Kevin is not so happy about that but he came inside the restaurant with me. It was a little expensive but it was so much food and a great quality that was worth. 

Later at night started a very bad storm, right at the time for me to leave to church. I don't want to miss, I am trying to confess for so long. I left in the middle of the storm when I heard a very loud thunder and some people screaming. I saw some people looking to the church's bell and the alarm of a jewelry store going on and off. I had to go because I don't want to miss the Mass. The problem is that I don't know where the church is :( and I am almost walking out of town and getting late and wet. Nobody in the streets because of the storm. Suddenly a lady got out of a car and I asked her. Finally I found the church but not on time for confession. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment