Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 24

June 6th
Foncebadon - Ponferrada - 28.6km

This morning we arrived at the "La Cruz de Ferro", an iron cross where we leave the rock that we are carrying since the beginning. A place full of emotions. It was raining and cold. I was very emotional, a movie of my life passed in my head. 
And all day I was watching this "movie" until we almost missed Ponferrada under the rain. Kenji was there in the entrance of the city again and maybe he was lost too so we called him to follow us because we are almost leaving the city and the rain is getting strong.
It was a long line in front of the albergue, our french friends from the albergue in Tosantos were there and they hugged me and said: Monica, Tosantos. I love them!
We are sharing the room with Kenji and a lady. Good people to share a room with.

Most of the historic sites are neatly condensed into the medieval city that occupies the high ground around the Templar Castle. We had a pleasure to enjoy our lunch right in front of this beautiful building. Today is Monday and they are closed :(

No comments:

Post a Comment