Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 20

June 2nd
Oviedo - Leon (by bus)
Leon - Villar de Mazarife - 21.1km
We left this morning with Dario, Luigi and Beatrice. Dario said that the walk from here to Leon is horrible. No place to walk but right beside the busy road and suggest for us to take a bus to Leon and start from there. Kevin and I decided to take a different route. As it seems like we are used to the walk and have some days extra on the schedule, we are going to Oviedo and maybe continue the camino from there. Oviedo is famous for The Sudarium of Oviedo, or Shroud of Oviedo, is a bloodstained cloth, kept in the Cámara Santa of the Cathedral of San Salvador. The Sudarium is claimed to be the cloth wrapped around the head of Jesus Christ after he died, as mentioned in the Gospel of John (20:6-7). We couldn't miss that. It was one of the best moments I had in my life. The blood of Jesus have power and you can feel it. The city is so pretty located by the mountains, so many that in my way here in the bus I got sick. Maybe I am not used to ride an automobile anymore.:) From here you can start the "Camino Primitivo". I don't know what to do, if we continue from here or go back tomorrow and stay at the camino frances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment