Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 12

May 25th
Tosantos - Atapuerca - 25.3km
We left late this morning, maybe because this place made me feel so good. I dont want to leave! We left walking together and at some point Kevin passed by me. It is a sign of him feeling better : ) Got some coffee at a bar in Villafranca and them Kevin started to walk slow again : ( As we left late we had to walk at the very hot sun and going up the hill. Not a good combination for me, was feeling sick. Some time during the walk under the sun I could smell sweet oranges and Hummm made me want some too. I saw a man standing and eating an orange, he smiled and offer me some. I had to accepted, it was very nice of him. It is so funny, like he could see what I was thinking. Kevin wanted me to wait for him but all I wanted is to get out of that sun and get there to rest. He got mad because of that. I went walking alone until the hospitaleiro of Granon got out of the bushes and joined me. He is feeling better today. We were planning to stay in San Juan tonight but when we got there we decided to go to the next town, there we meet the Germans friends and seems like the city is very busy. A little boy is taking them all over the town to show them the albergues and offering all kind of services. They got a little doubtful about that town and kept on going so we did the same. I can't believe on that. We are so tired and is so hot but we are on the road. Atapuerca seems very empty but looks nice and cozy. We are staying here. The German friends are staying with us at the same albergue. Kevin is very tired, I got him some iodine to help with his blisters. Went to the grocery with the Germans and we got some food for dinner. We had dinner with them. It was fun, Kevin was happy and trying to learn some words in German. Beside or albergue there is a abandoned church with a very nice view. I pause here for some time thinking. The sheep walking in the camp with the birds flying around. Such a nice feeling! Thank you My Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment