Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 11

May 24th
Grañón - Tosantos - 21.9 km
Today I decided to take my time and walk beside Kevin. It was not so fun to loose him yesterday. Being a pilgrim you are using about the same clothes for many days, you are walking and sweating. Some people certainly don't like to see you inside of their establishment like that. Or maybe they don't like people. We stopped at a bar to get a sandwich for lunch and the counter person was not that friendly giving you a look that you are not so welcome there. This happened some time during the camino and all the times makes me feel so deeply sad. You are far from home and everything you are use to. Thinking of your whole life during the walks. When after a long journey you get to a place and receive THIS look, it is awful. Nobody never treated me that way before. It made me think how bad it must be for a homeless person. They don't have just a home, but they are treated like that all the time. I cried! 
In Beldorado when we were leaving the church the Korean girls called us and came running. They hugged us and gave a little doll for each of us. They said that is to give you strength so you can finish the Camino. The Camino it is just amazing, I was feeling so sad and God saw it and sent 2 girls to tell me what we need to hear. I cried again but now of happiness. I am so emotional these days. We are spending a night in Tosantos, the albergue is called: San Francis of Assisi. It is very rustic and simple here but it is all I need right now. The hospitaleiros are amazing, they are so welcoming that makes all my pain go again. It made me feel at home. More people started to arrive, the Germans and Frenches are here too. In the afternoon  our hospitaleiro took us to a lady in the town that have a key to a Ermita inside of a mountain. Very touching this place. This Albergue runs by donation and they invite you to help cook the meals. I was responsible for the salad, the Germans helped me too. It was fun, I sprinkled some spices in the salad that I had no idea what they were but it seems to work it out as the salad is all gone and their are clapping for me. So funny! It was all delicious. Kevin didn't help to cook so he is helping to serve the plates. Some prayers with the hospitaleiros after the meal and a nice sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment