Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 14

May 27th
Tardajos - San Anton - 26.3km
This morning I left very early on my own. Kevin is taking a bus and meeting me at San Anton or the next city. It was the first time I am walking by myself without anything to worry about. I can stop anywhere I want and for how long I want. It is windy today but great to walk. Not so many people on the path today. It pass so fast too. I arrived in San Anton around 1:30 pm and had the other half of my cheese/tomato bocadillo. San Anton is a magical place, is a ruins of a pilgrims hospital where the order of San Anton used to cure people. You can feel the energy here still. 
It was after 4pm and no sign of Kevin, the hospitaleiros and I started to get worried to he took his car, me and Chispita his god and left on a search for Kevin. First town, no Kevin. Second town, all the albergues but one left and he was there with Dario. He left with us. These people here made me feel at home, like they were my family. Alicia took care of Kevin's wounds and made us some delicious paella. Later we went to the other albergue San Nicolas to visit them with Luis and Alicia. There they washed our feet as Jesus did to his disciples. Very touching experience!
I will never forget what those people did for us! God bless Luis and Alicia from San Anton!

No comments:

Post a Comment