Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 13

May 26th
Atapuerca - Tardajos - 29 km
The day we met our lovely Italian friend Dario : )
Today was a hard day, hot and Kevin was very irritated. When we got to Burgos I was so hungry and wanted to eat but all the places I want to eat was not good for him. When we agreed on a place I went inside to order some hamburger and they said that only in the afternoon they serve food. Come on, it was after 12:30 pm, but anyway it may be because of the the way I am dressing. The same case in the past, I don't look so good for their place. Was leaving the place and checking for the money on my pocket when I realized the money is gone, I lost it. For the grace of God when I walked outside the money was right there in front of door. Unbelievable, more than 5 minutes later, with many people in and out and in a windy day the money was there still. So we kept on going without food, Kevin wants to stay in Burgos but I want to go to the next town, can't take too much of a bigger city. So we were walking and starving and without any knowledge about what we are going to do. I need to eat so bad. We stop in a park and had whatever we have on our backpacks, an apple and some peanuts. Enough energy to go to the next town. We are so tired and weak that we are walking so slow. For some reason we missed the town and I can't believe it. Kevin is focus on keep going and I am falling apart ready to sleep under a tree tonight. Around 4:30 we arrived in Tardajos and thankfully they have 3 beds available still. Guess who is here too? The orange man, Dario is his name and he is from Italy. When he saw us we hugged and smiled. 
I am very worried for Kevin's feet cause today we did so much and his blisters look very bad, infected. I went to the pharmacy to get him some anti-inflammatory. We decided that tomorrow he needs to rest, take a bus and meet me somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment