Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 10

May 23rd
Azofra - Grañón - 22.3km
We left Azofra this morning around 7am and Kevin was still sore so at some point he decided that if we walk beside the highway will be better for him but the trail takes us out of the highway. We split there, I went by the path and he follow the highway. We agree to meet at next town. I stopped at the next town to have some coffee and met Elizabeth from Denmark. We were there for 30 minutes and sign of Kevin, as he was taking a shortcut I interpreted that as his shortcut wouldn't pass by there so maybe his next town was Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Me and Elizabeth went together, talking and having so much fun walking to Santo Domingo. We had so much fun that in 40 minutes we arrived and as I couldn't see Kevin anywhere, me and Elizabeth went to the cathedral to visit the chickens that they keep there to remind about the miracle. I couldn't believe that they charge people to get in the church. I really don't support that, some pilgrims come with very little money or even without money and so they wouldn't be able to get inside a church? Well something to think about. 
We left the church and I am getting nervous because I don't see Kevin, I let Elizabeth go and I sat at a main square to wait. So I see Suzanne from California coming, she is staying at Granon but she forgot her walking poles here and came back to pick up. Just after she arrived Kevin got here and mad because we lost each other. 

Things are better now and he went to a pharmacy to get some medicine for his feet, we agreed on him taking a bus/cab to Granon cause his feet don't look any better. I left walking with Suzanne. She is trying to get a ride and I am walking in the path. So a car stopped and it was Kevin in his cab, hahaha. So funny! An hour later I meet them in Granon. What a lovely albergue. Is a donation one, right together with a church. Pretty, we have our clothes hanging right off the bell tower : ) The grass beside the church is green and full of flowers, made me feel in the paradise. In the afternoon we had yoga at this grass, it was great! At night a community dinner. Delicious pasta. We see that our Japanese friend is here too, he gave us an origami for good luck. Very nice of him.  Even without speaking English he can express his kindness.

1 comment:

  1. I checked the guest book when I was in Granon. I was one day behind you guys at this point.

    ReplyDelete